Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich

When most people hear the word fair, many different words come to mind. Ranging from fun games, rides, and especially food, memories of attending fairs bring many joys. Fairs have been around since the medieval times and continue to bring in crowds to this day. Typically held annually, many cities, counties, and states hold fairs for the enjoyment of people of all ages. I attended a county fair in Orange County and found an endless list of things to do; one thing on the list was to eat fair food. Many popular fair foods have drawn in many fair go-ers and are foods that many look forward to enjoying. The list contains funnel cake, BBQ meats, corn on the cob, fried frog legs, and even deep fried desserts like fried Oreos. One new fair food I tried that seemed completely bizarre and borderline gross was a Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich. Take one fried chicken patty and sandwich it in a jelly Krispy Kreme donut just shouted weird to me.However when my friend bought the sandwich, I was very curious to how it tasted. It was definitely not what I expected: kind of tasty! The combination of the salty fried chicken with the sweet taste of the donut went so well together and I was surprised that I like it. Never would I have thought of the idea of combining two such different food items together but it is definitely a perfect representation of what fairs are all about - enjoying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment